Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm Here

Although there is much I want to write about, I just don't have time but am getting text messages (ahem) from worried friends wanting to know if I've stopped blogging.

No, my life has just been an unbelievable whirlwind of family, birthdays, end of school, girlfriends in crisis, and work. May is always a crazy month for me but this year has been one for the record books.

So, a summary.

My son is about to graduate elementary school. I have of course known this for awhile, but man it hit me this week. My baby boy, who has had the unfortunate role of basically growing up WITH me, since I was only 22 when I had him, is just growing before my eyes into a young man. He's smart, he's sweet, he seems so well adjusted and I'm just so proud of him. I'm looking forward to spending as much time as possible with him this summer before he realizes how uncool I am and stops calling me Mommy.

Couples therapy is going so so well. I always leave with new insight and am training my mind to think in new, positive ways that don't lead me down a path of fear and panic. Each time we leave I'm reminded just how lucky we are to have found each other. I'm also learning to stop thinking about my marriage and the cheating as the biggest tragedy of my life, and start thinking of it as the best thing that ever happened to me. Traumatic? Yes. But it brought about the best changes I could have ever asked for.

In just a few weeks I am taking my kids to Florida, in what I think will probably be our last vacation as just us 4. I'm kind of sad in a way, mourning the phase of my life where I was doing it all on my own and it was just our little team...but also ready to move into the next phase that includes Mr. Wonderful. The following week will be a very small vacation with our group of friends and their children, and Mr. Wonderful will be joining us for that one.

Another trip coming up-Mr. W is taking me to Paris the end of July. I've never been overseas before, and absolutely cannot wait!!! Our plan as of now is to just sort of wander the city for a week, eat tons of bread and chocolate and pastries and cheese, drink wine and see the most famous museums and churches and buildings in the world. Heaven.

That's it for now, I do have a lot I want, *need* to write about, coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel about being overwhelmed. Mostly in a good way. It really sounds like you are moving in such a great direction! I am so happy for you. And Paris!!! Holy Hell, that rocks.

    ReplyDelete