Monday, July 12, 2010

Hi There

I'm here, I'm alive, I'm CRAZED.

We just got back from our two week vacation extravaganza. First to Florida with 3 other families all in one beach house, and then to a lakehouse with 4 other families. Mr. Wonderful came along on both.

We laughed, we cried, we drove each other crazy, we bonded, and just generally "tried on" family life.

It wasn't perfect. With so many other families and kids around, there were lots of distractions. But it felt so good to have Mr. Wonderful there with me each morning and night. I forgot what it was like to have help, an extra set of hands. I got a little too spoiled. The transition back to single mom has been tough.

But he was amazing with the kids, all of them, not just mine. They all adored him and he fit right in like a pro.

Funny thing is that last year, it was the night before this same annual Lakehouse trip that I met Mr. Wonderful. We exchanged our first texts on the drive down, and I giggled incessantly to my friends about this great guy I had just met who was now planning an elaborate first date for after we got back. One of my friends teased me "Next year, you'll have him with you. Just watch." I cracked up, rolled my eyes, and said NO WAY.

Ahem.

This weekend we'll return to the same music festival we met at to celebrate our 1 year anniversary, and then....

Next week, we leave for Paris, just the two of us. I CANNOT WAIT.

Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, isn't life awesome sometimes? You just never know. I am so happy for you and hope you have a wonderful time in Paris.

    ReplyDelete