Thursday, February 26, 2009

Graduated

Well, I am happy to report that after 2 years of seeing my therapist every week, first for marriage counseling and eventually on my own to recover from the separation, she let me know tonight that I am doing so well that she wants to try seeing me every other week, and then eventually just as needed!

I also weaned myself off of my anti-depressants last week and can report no change in my excellent mood.

So things are going really well. Better than I could have imagined. She thinks it is a shift in thinking, and that I have been making this happen. I like that, and I'll take it.

So now what do I write about?????

Well, plenty I guess. I still have to file for divorce. Dad's surgery is in less than 2 weeks. I have alot I want to do with my life, more "dating myself". I also would like to get out there and casually date a little. I have three kids still going through this process (although they are still doing remarkably well, too.) With only a few exceptions, I see nothing but great things ahead for me and can't wait to make them happen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you, and so proud of you! I remember when I was declared "well-adjusted" by my therapist, lol.

    ReplyDelete